|Job Type:||Full Time|
- 12 month maximum term contract in the Customer Assistance team
- Further your experience in financial hardship and collections
- Opportunity to further develop your banking & finance career at BOQ!
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen to join the BOQ Customer Assistance team in a 12 month maximum term contract providing assistance to customers experiencing financial difficulty. This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your hardship experience and join BOQ in a role directly supporting our customers.
The Customer Assistance Specialist will be responsible for providing excellent customer service by way of inbound and outbound contact with BOQ customers; assessing applications in an an empathetic and supportive manner whilst giving full consideration to the customer's circumstances.
The Specialist will undertake credit assessment strategies to assess applications and mitigate risk across a broad range of Retail, Commercial and Equipment Financial hardship applications.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Making timely and appropriate assessment decisions to meet the customer’s needs, proposals and current circumstances
- Ensuring that decisions made are at an appropriate level of risk based on structure and security
- Providing quality service and support to customers and branches
- Fostering a 'one-team' style between branches and other departments
- Handle customer service enquiries via the telephone and email.
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a customer service role undertaking inbound and outbound phone calls providing support to customers
- High level listening skills with a clear and concise phone manner
- The ability to work towards KPI's and targets
- Demonstrated experience in hardship/collections would be advantageous
- Excellent organisation, time management, prioritisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to absorb and learn new information quickly
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of the team in a high paced enviornment.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community and our customers.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.