|Job Type:||Full Time|
Active Tree Services is a 45-year-old Australian family owned business committed to delivering arboriculture and vegetation management to keep our communities safe and green.
We are launching an exciting new venture, Active Green Services, and need a Lead Environmental Scientist to help us grow from our arboriculture roots, to have a fully-fledged environmental consulting business. As a pre-eminent tree company, there is already a small team of consultants fully engaged with excellent clients in the civil and council space across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Head office is in the Melbourne suburb of Bayswater where this role will be based.
Reporting to the Active Tree Services Chief Growth Officer (CGO), the role will involve building and managing our new consulting business, including leading a team of arboriculturists and sub-contractors around the country. This hands-on role will pioneer our evolution into environmental consulting through expansion into ecological and environmental consulting.
In consultation with the CGO, you will develop and implement business strategies that position Active Green Services to achieve its goals. You will be responsible for ensuring that new business is won and executed in a safe and productive way, and all client relationships are maintained at the highest level. You will also assist Active Tree Service’s operations in ensuring compliance with Environmental Management Plans.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role in an essential service business
- A competitive remuneration package with a fully maintained company vehicle
- The opportunity to lead and shape your own team and consulting business
- Supportive peers who have in-depth industry knowledge
To be successful you will need:
- A degree qualification in environmental science or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in the practice of environmental science
- Relevant qualifications leadership, business or management qualifications are desirable
- Capability, skill and experience in business development, preparing tenders and winning contracts
- Capability in project and client relationship management and managing small teams
Active Tree Services pioneered Australia’s arboriculture industry and continues to pioneer today, being the first in the industry to achieve carbon neutral status, for example. The Active family genuinely cares about the environment and wants to make a positive difference to our world.
To find out more about Active, visit our website: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.