|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMount Isa, Australia
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik is seeking a Fire Suppression Technician to provide product support and technical services with the Fire Suppression product in the Mt Isa region. The Fire Suppression Business maintains a firm commitment to the quality objectives for the company and promotes business through exceptional customer service. As a Fire Suppression Technician, you will be required to install and maintain fire suppression systems in the workshop and in the field.
This is a residential role, must have rights to live in Australia and the ability to pass a pre employment medical.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements are considered upon application.
Areas of responsibility
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
- Support technicians from other regions and assist in training;
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain and install Fire Suppression systems;
- Work effectively either in a team environment or autonomously;
- Be highly developed in your communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to identify opportunity for business growth; and actively participate in sales activities
- Assist with machine audits/inspections;
- Internal Sandvik product accredited certification will be provided
- Basic computer literacy incl. E-mail, Microsoft Excel and Word is required
- Valid driver’s license is compulsory
Relevant trade qualifications and experience is desirable. Direct knowledge and exposure to fire suppression systems applicable to predominantly underground is a prerequisite. However, installation and service experience of Mobile Fire Suppression systems will be a distinct advantage. In addition, being accredited by the Fire Protection Association (FPA) will also be desirable.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer relation skills and the ability to effectively work within a team. You are flexible to work with customer requirements, procedures and safety policies. Further, you have a positive attitude and a high level of determination to achieve targets set for customer satisfaction.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Superannuation that’s 2.5% above the superannuation guarantee
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training and development opportunities for employees such as internal programs or contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
0448 044 698