|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a seasoned sales leader to join our Global Black Belt team to help us accelerate market adoption OSS Data scenarios (such as such as Modernizing Applications, building new Cloud Native Apps and Migrating existing on-premise platforms onto Azure MySQL, Azure PostgreSQL and Azure Maria DB) with strategic customer projects. As Specialist on the Global Black Belt team, you will be joining a team of highly skilled experts across the company who are driving the most strategic and innovative customer projects. This role is a senior sales lead within our enterprise sales organization focused on driving customer digital transformation scenarios.
The OSS Data Specialist will accelerate and scale Microsoft’s share of the OSS Data scenarios market with Azure OSS Data solutions, driving cloud consumption. You will partner closely with our mainstream solution sellers, and key partner stakeholders to accelerate engagements with our customers.
Being part of the Global Black Belt team, you will maintain and develop deep professional, sales and industry thought leadership in OSS Data Solutions for Azure. You will have opportunities to showcase your expertise at various Microsoft and Industry conferences and work directly with our product engineering teams to influence the evolution of our OSS Data technologies.
As the OSS Data Specialist on the Global Black Belt team, you will be responsible for:
- Win new engagements via technical sales expertise proving technical & business value via workshops (1:1, 1:many) that drive minimum viable product (MVP) for business & technical decision makers showcasing Azure OSS Data capability (60% of your time)
- Accelerate Azure consumption in targeted accounts landing OSS Data engagements by demonstrating technical value of the solution architecture, including best practices for industry application and specialized co-sell solutions that accelerate time to market and customer’s digital transformation. (20% of your time)
- Scale technical leadership across mainstream sellers by being the engineering conduit who: champions voice of customer, partner and field to engineering; and prioritizes strategic engineering engagements across customers. (20% of your time)
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and professional experiences.
- Strong understanding of analytics and data science processes within organizations and functional stakeholders (CIO, IT, Development Leads)
- Strong understanding of a typical development lifecycle and associated operations for sustainable enterprise tier installations of cloud architecture
- Familiarity with core OSS Data scenarios and technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB)
- Common understanding of industry or functional scenarios
- Sales Leader: Disciplined in business-management, meeting sales targets and operational standards. Mentors other sellers towards a "challenger mentality" by prompting them to engage the customer early with new insights. Demonstrated experience influencing senior stakeholders within customer and own organization.
- Solution Expert: Deep understanding of unique solution area value, key areas of differentiation, and knowledge to create industry-centric use cases for the solution area.
- Business Value Seller: Proven record of effective account management, particularly demonstrating: coupling business acumen with technology knowledge, to connect customer business challenges to their technology decisions and; coaching the customer through business case creation, approval, and stakeholder buy-in.
- Audience Credibility: Has credibility with key decision makers within our customers. Ability to influence target decision makers such as Business Decision Makers, Operational Technology Leaders, Development Leaders
- Social Seller: Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves, including leveraging social selling tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Excellent Communicator and Collaborator: Strong relationship building, negotiation, organizational, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively collaborate across teams and drive meaningful outcomes with corporate, field, partner and customer stakeholders.
- Purposeful Planner and Orchestrator: Builds a purposeful sales plan with a bold ambition to identify and capitalize on transformational shifts in the market, and leads plan orchestration and execution across a v-team through influence.
- Technical Acumen: Experienced at driving solutions to full production roll out and solving technical challenges encountered through the project implementation. Strong synthesizer of tools, services and resources with own expertise to build complete end to end solutions.
- Skill Enablement: A passion for and demonstrated capability of scaling own knowledge with others and building organizational capability in a targeted solution area.
- Sales Experience: 10+ years recognized and rewarded experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers
- Domain Experience: 3-5 years of DB and OSS Data solutions selling experience in enterprise public cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of Cloud Platform: Strong understanding of Cloud Platforms platform (infrastructure components, security) and its Analytics capabilities and role it plays in AI solutions.
- Addressing Industry scenarios with technology: Demonstrated effectiveness in landing technology scenarios in industry-relevant ways and credibility to lead and influence niche industry conversations.
- Competitive Landscape: Firm understanding of Microsoft's AI technologies relative to major competitors.
- Partner Knowledge: Strong understanding of the relevant partner ecosystem and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration (required)
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling (preferred)
Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture (preferred)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.