|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
As one of New Zealand's largest private water and automation services provider, Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operational expertise to over a quarter of New Zealanders, highlighting our exceptional performance delivery in water and automation maintenance and operation. We are currently growing our capability in larger water, automation and drainage construction works across the country and is seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
The role will see you working closely with the project teams to implement sound commercial, delivery and financial processes that ensure Downer are gaining maximum return from our contracts. The continuance and development of key customer relationships is an upmost priority while allowing the Downer business to continue to flourish and develop.
About your role:
Can be based in Auckland however travel across the North Island will be required and your key focuses would include:
- Applying your skills to provide early warning of unexpected contractual, risk or financial outcomes and implement measures to mitigate risks to the business.
- Drive margin improvement in contracts working with the Project Managers and contract manager across the region either through delivery efficiencies or cost optimisations.
- Participating in client and other stakeholder interfaces with Managers, supporting the resolution of contractual issues whilst ensuring stakeholder relationship are enhanced and effective.
- You will also develop commercial awareness of Contact Managers and Engineers through shared involvement and guidance/coaching to the operations teams in regards to contractual requirements, cost optimisation and work efficiencies.
A bit about you:
You will need to be commercially focused and will bring with you;
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent (BSc, RICS, NZCQS or equivalent)
- Proven experience of project financial/contractual management and strong commercial acumen in either a project or project support environment.
- Excellent people skills including a total commitment to creating a Zero Harm workplace
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively with clients and sub-contractors
- Well-developed written, verbal and computer/software skills
- A strong customer focus including the ability to identify project solutions that add customer value and deliver return straight to the bottom line
What we offer:
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 572356 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.