|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary in accordance with EA
- Location Allowance on Offer
- Esperance Based Role
- Work for Australia’s Largest Rail Freight Operator
About the role:
Working as part of the Rollingstock Maintenance team, you will be required to exercise your fabrication trade skills in servicing, repairing and maintaining rollingstock in order to ensure the efficient running of freight services.
- To conduct routine corrective maintenance and fault repair
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset
condition, maintenance programs and costing systems
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and
practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
- Fabrication Trade Certificate or formal equivalent
- Substantial level of skill in the repair, maintenance and overhaul of locomotives or heavy industrial plant
- High level of knowledge of functions, defects and fault finding with equipment
- High level of skill in interpreting technical instructions and drawings
- Strong commitment to safety
- Current unrestricted WA driving licence
Locomotive and wagon experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a category one rail medical, which includes drug and alcohol screening.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 84813), please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568