|Location:||Dandenong South, Derrimut|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is now adding to the strength of their team and are currently seeking an experienced Estimator with gas experience to join the Derrimut team.
This role will see you ensuring accurate and comprehensive estimates of the total cost of projects to optimise success in tendering. Day to day, you will estimate project quantities and costs, prepare tenders, assist project managers with the financial administration of contracts, prepare cost reports & forecasts, mange and source subcontractor and supplier prices, manage labour costs associated with traffic control and operational requirements as needed. Our ideal candidate will come from a gas background and possess the ability to develop a clear understanding of client specific standards for incorporation into tender submissions.
- Engineering Degree combined with extensive experience in undertaking estimates in the construction industry, within the gas environment essential
- Experience with expert estimator package or similar
- Strong experience in tender and bid preparation
- Demonstrated understanding of AS4645 & AS2885
- Ability to analyse and interpret contractual and financial documentation
- High level client/customer service skills
- High level computer literacy, Microsoft skills
- Ability to assess risk on each contract and its feasibility in each phase
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of quality management, Zero Harm and sustainability
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.