|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results’ driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a phenomenal team culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
We are looking for a Senior software quality engineer in test who is motivated, passionate and loves testing & diagnosing hard problems in large bodies of complex code, delivering solutions to customers with rapid turnaround time and high quality. We continually improve the product based on requirements and defects reported by Support, Customer Success and Field organizations.
- Owns the testing of a high complex feature or sub-areas for on prem, maintenance and native cloud releases and deliver in a continuous delivery model
- Responsible for verifying Splunk releases on backend(distributed deployment), UI(CLI and web interface), data collection, searching capability, performance/stability test, etc. Ensuring the defect has been remedied and no obvious regressions were introduced
- Help to investigate or reproduce product issues reported by customers, narrow down possible causes and provide suggestions or solutions if possible for problem solving.
- Responsible for identifying defects, and writing detailed defect reports, and working with others on capturing additional information, or retesting under different scenarios for improvements.
- Responsible for reviewing test plans, and making recommendations for additional test scenarios and improvements of existing scenarios
- Make general recommendations for hard problems product improvements for increased testability, supportability, usability
- Lead test design and test code reviews, and participates in test framework architecture discussions, as well as product design discussion.
- Works intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Collaborates with external and internal teams and it’s the heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and architects on testing and quality strategic plans.
- Experience in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++. With SCM experience using Git, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Experience in test automation framework using Pytest, Selenium WebDriver or any Go testing framework (e.g. Ginkgo).
- Expert in understanding system administration skills in Linux and Windows.
- Experience in setting up and working on Cloud distributed systems and solutions like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration system and solution.
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Effectively communicates within the team, and contributes effectively to the success of those that they interact with regularly.
- Strong collaborative, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, including Support, Sustaining, and Customer Escalations.
- BS EE or CS degree; 8 + years related experience (or Masters and 6 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 3+ years experience).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.