|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing people and we are currently seeking a Senior Product Director.
The purpose of the Product group within Nearmap is to identify high-value market opportunities and to shape, position and launch great solutions that fit the opportunities, delight our customers and achieve outstanding financial outcomes. The Product group within Nearmap is market-focused instead of build-focused, partnering with the Systems Analysis function to achieve build outcomes across Engineering and Technology.
The Senior Product Director oversees the Product group across Australia and North America. The purpose of the role:
- Providing effective and inspiring leadership to the Product group.
- Shaping and developing a compelling Product vision and strategy, in conjunction with the broader Product group and other stakeholder functions within the company.
- Providing visibility and a strong, compelling voice of Product across Nearmap.
- Evolving the Product capabilities and processes to meet Nearmap’s needs.
- Ensuring effective delivery of Product outcomes, based on visible and accountable roadmaps.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every voice matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Building a positive, highly engaged and effective Product team culture.
- Developing strong relationships and alignment with other relevant functions within Nearmap, particularly Sales, Marketing, Product Marketing, Engineering and Technology, Strategy, Legal and Finance.
- Providing day to day management of the Product group and their activities across ANZ and North America.
- Staff coaching, mentoring and development.
- Evolution and growth of the team in line with increasing company needs.
- Operating at the intersection of key stakeholder functions (Customers, Sales, Marketing, Product Marketing, Engineering and Technology, Strategy, Legal, Finance), collaboratively evolve the company Product vision and strategy.
- Ensuring that the Product vision and strategy are aligned with company vision and company strategy and strike the right balance between progressive evolution of the Product portfolio and disruptive opportunities.
- Elevating the role of Product within Nearmap, ensuring strong visibility and appreciation of the importance of Product to Nearmap’s ongoing success.
- Providing Product with a compelling and influential voice across all tiers of decision making, all the way to Board level.
- Evolving and communicating Product processes across the company to have buy-in and to effectively meet the needs of the Product group while also meeting the needs and objectives of Nearmap.
- Developing an effective and efficient decision making framework supporting the group’s activities.
- Ensuring that all planned activities are managed through effective roadmaps, and that they are aligned with, and have buy-in, from all functional areas involved in Go-To-Market activities (Sales, Product Marketing, Marketing) as well as Engineering and Technology.
- Ensuring that customers find our products compelling and that they meet customer needs.
- Fostering a strong Design function (whole product design, inclusive of interaction design, UX, relationship to CX etc) within Nearmap.
- Elevating and building awareness of the importance of Design and the potential impact on customers as well as monetization outcomes.
- Managing the Product portfolio to achieve Nearmap’s ACV (recurring revenue) objectives across agreed time horizons.
More about what you need to bring…
- Track record of effective leadership (minimum of 5 years and 5 people; leadership of team of teams highly regarded)
- Proven Product Management experience with a track record of success in a technically complex SaaS/DaaS product domain (geospatial or complex AI datasets highly regarded)
- Experience successfully managing a geographically distributed team.
- Demonstrated record of success in achieving financial targets.
- Experience operating across all company levels, all the way to Board level
- International experience (USA, Europe and/or Australia) highly regarded
- Proven experience packaging and pricing of complex products
- Experience in market vertical solution articulation
- Knowledge dealing with channel strategy and channel conflict
- Deep level of understanding of all facets of Product Management
- Proven leadership, collaboration, influencing, and communication skills
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.