|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
The Developer Platform Infrastructure organization develops robust and resilient platform solutions for building, testing and deploying Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing system design, SaaS, cloud experience and drive the growth at Splunk.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help lead, design and build the next generation of our CI/CD and tools offerings. You will be working on the core infrastructure platform enabling the next generation of Splunk’s offerings.
What you provide
- CI/CD and tooling expertise. Cloud, container and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, UCP, AWS/GCP, Jenkins, Gitlab, Ansible.
- Data structures and algorithms. A solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Observability infrastructure expertise to ensure 24/7 operational excellence and data driven decision making.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field or 5+ years of progressive experience.
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to be excited and have utmost ownership of your projects.
- Distributed programming. Experience in working on distributed systems like databases, distributed file systems, distributed concurrency control, consistency models, CAP theorem is an added plus.
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You know continuous delivery, testing, security practices, performance, and observability.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s offerings.
- You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.