At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Manager within the Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy team in our Sydney office.
As a restructuring professional at EY you’ll work across a variety of deals to develop your capabilities, and you will help clients find financial, strategic and operational solutions to improve liquidity, credit availability and returns to their stakeholders. Further, as a member of a multi-disciplinary, global team you will gain valuable experience across industries and geographies.
Your key responsibilities
- Advising distressed companies and debtors with Turnaround Planning, Viability Diligence, Cash Flow Analysis and advise on cash forecasting
- Advising on Restructuring alternatives, including review of debt options, supporting negotiations with lenders and Safe Harbour advice
- Provision of Creditor Advisory Services acting as advisor to stakeholders, secured creditors and occasionally investors in undertaking viability assessments, cash flow reviews, security reviews and evaluation of corporate strategy
- Formal insolvency appointments including day to day file management of Voluntary Administrations, Deeds of Company Arrangement, Receiverships and Liquidations
- Attending site to establish trading procedures, inspect and collect records and liaise with management and employees
- Preparation of reports to stakeholders, ensuring statutory compliance, undertaking investigations and attending meetings with creditors
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience in a Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy role within a Consulting environment, working independently and with senior stakeholders on multiple engagements
- Experience in delivering detailed financial and commercial analysis, identifying key issues and potential areas of sensitivity and following these up with management or stakeholders as appropriate
- Experience drafting presentations to stakeholders and assisting with delivery
- Competency in proactively sharing your technical knowledge with team, and playing a key role in team training
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Lead business development activities to sell work through development of internal and external client relationship networks
- Successfully supervised, coached, and mentored juniors