|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment be/hind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
*** This role involves work for the Australian Government and will potentially have access to classified information/resources. As such, a security clearance is required and therefore it is a requirement that the successful candidate be an Australian Citizen. ***
The Configuration Analyst is responsible for maintaining accurate Configuration and Asset data throughout the CI lifecycle from acquisition through to disposal for the client’s Managed Network Services infrastructure and Mobile Device fleet within a multi-vendor Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
The role requires a high attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise work load while working with the client, other service providers, Optus subcontractors and internal Optus stakeholders.
- Be responsible to the Configuration Manager for maintaining the accuracy of all CI records within the CMDB as per the contract to expected 98% and minimum 95%
- Review new Change Requests and Project proposals to ensure adequate Configuration and Asset requirements are identified in line with the Change Management and SACM Process
- Assist with verification and audit planning and execution
- Actively participate in remediation of discrepancies following verification and audit activities
- Work with the Configuration Manager and Client Delivery Managers to collate and maintain accurate Asset data for Financial, Warranty and Maintenance contracts
- Ensure compliance with the DHA Data Dictionary and Model for all MNS data within the CMDB
- Contribute to the Continual Improvement Plan for Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Contribute to all policy and procedure documentation and work instructions for Service Asset & Configuration Management on the DHA account.
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested
- Attend client meetings as directed by the Configuration Manager
- Asset & Inventory management, auditing, verification & Reporting
- Proven ability to perform data entry and troubleshooting with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to understand technical concepts
- Demonstrated experience within a customer focused role
- High degree of computer literacy and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- High level of organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Sound decision making skills and the ability to escalate as required
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and work autonomously
- High level of personal commitment and willingness to accept accountability for own actions
- Negotiation and assertiveness skills
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Responsive and proactive, with the ability to use a high level of initiative
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and child care services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.