|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our high-performing Wholesale Banking & Business Lending Credit Risk team are looking for an experienced senior credit risk professional to play a critical role in the management of a diverse and complex portfolio within the wholesale banking and institutional lending space. We are seeking an influential and capable individual, to positively impact the risk profile and strategic direction of ING Australia’s institutional lending proposition, which encompasses a broad range of sectors including Project and Infrastructure Finance, Energy, Diversified Corporates, Metals & Mining, Natural Resources, Technology/Media/Telecoms, Leveraged Acquisition Finance, Commodities, Food & Agriculture, and Real Estate Finance.
You will have primary responsibility for the management of the Wholesale Banking credit activities of ING Australia, including transactional credit assessment, transaction & security documentation acceptance, credit policy and risk appetite setting, regulatory reporting, portfolio monitoring and stakeholder relationship management. Being a business critical role, you’ll have demonstrated capabilities of managing multifaceted deals and be ready to take on the challenges that the breadth of the book brings
What are you going to do?
- You will regularly work with complex structures and borrowers on competitive timelines
- Review / evaluate credit proposals for acceptability of credit, structural and legal risks and adherence to current ING credit and governance policies
- Approval or recommendations on credit applications for new transactions, modifications and reviews, to the ING Australia Chief Risk Officer or appropriate approval authorities in ING Group
- Review and agree underlying transactional and security documentation
- Monitor performance of the portfolio against tolerance settings and risk appetite boundaries
- You will work closely with various Wholesale Banking teams, to develop credit risk policies, and risk appetite boundaries and parameters
- Manage all aspects of the Watch List and Non-Performing Loan portfolios. This will include monitoring, reporting, loan loss provisioning and directing the Restructuring & Recovery activities.
- You’ll engage and actively liaise with key external stakeholders, senior management, external stakeholders and the ING Australia Executive Committee
You will be expected to be comfortable:
- Representing credit risk management in the most complicated credit decisions and acting as proxy for the credit process;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with (senior) management and other relevant internal and/or external stakeholders;
- Ensuring the quality and consistency of credit applications and that transactions meet the conditions of approval as set out in the credit process;
- Working closely and communicating directly with front office peers and relevant support departments;
- Training and coaching of junior team members;
What are we looking for? You will have…
- A minimum of 7 years at a senior level in either a Wholesale Banking or Institutional Lending credit risk role, where you will have had responsibility for recommending or decisioning (within own delegated authority) on requests for new transactions, modifications and annual reviews, in addition to review of transaction and security documentation
- A strong Project Finance Sector background, including experience in sectors such as Infrastructure, Utilities and Energy finance in addition to Corporate Lending
- Experience on restructuring and recovery cases and engagement with the loan loss provisioning process
- The ability to act in a senior and managerial advisor capacity for the view of reaching strategic decisions
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.