The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join the Financial Services Office (FSO) Digital Assurance team in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
This role joins our Assurance Digital team to continue to build our data extraction and analytics capabilities for our digital audit initiatives. You will be using your ETL capabilities and project management experience to support obtaining external financial data for use by audit teams in a dynamic client facing data analytics team.
You will deliver results by using data analytics to deal with large, disparate volumes of data to assist your client group gain critical insights. Your ability to evaluate, identify and extract data from complex IT systems will ensure success in this role. You will have a chance to work with large/listed clients and the latest data systems to enjoy a truly rewarding and successful career at EY.
- Helping audit teams and clients to identify and extract required data from complex IT systems
- Extract and transform a variety of client financial data for use in our state of the art audit tools dedicated for audit data analytics in consultation with the audit teams
- Self promote the extraction capabilities of the team to the business and meet market agreed targets for data extraction
- Using analytical and visualisation software to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise client data to help solve real problems and provide real business insights through identification of anomalies and unusual patterns and trends in data
- Leading the local market team to manage and deliver on a portfolio of data extractions
- Manage audit innovation projects and use programming tools/ robotics software to automate manual audit tasks for efficiency and cost savings
- Work with local and APAC area wide counterparts to efficiently deliver standard and high quality data analysis
- Develop systems skills on a range of client ERP/ financial systems
- Analyse complex data including bespoke analysis
- Identify opportunities for further work and areas of interest / added value to clients
We are looking for people with a mix of Business, Accounting and Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics skills.
Demonstrated ability to develop data mapping/data lineage documents and design the ETL process to extract data. Experience with any ETL tools like Alteryx and Monarch
Demonstrated ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format, and to present findings in a clear and concise manner. Experience with visualization tools preferred, including Spotfire, PowerBI and/or Tableau
Sound working knowledge of MS SQL Server/ SQL Server Integration Services and/or other database and analytical tools
Sound working knowledge of MS Excel and all MS Office Suite products
Experience with transactional data (loans, securities, deposits etc.), general ledger reconciliation a plus
Project management experience – managing multiple projects with conflicting demands, timeframes and stakeholders
Strong writing and oral communication skills, including presentation & soft skills for communicating with senior management, working in project teams and with clients
Experience of audit and financial accounting processes/systems preferred
Experience using data analytics for auditing purposes preferred
Analytical skills working with financial and non-financial data
- Experience with Python/ R or other programming languages is a plus
- Experience with AI/RPA/Automation is a plus