The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join the Financial Services Office (FSO) Digital Assurance team in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
This role joins our Assurance Digital team to continue to build our data extraction and analytics capabilities for our digital audit initiatives. You will be using your ETL capabilities and project management experience to support obtaining external financial data for use by audit teams in a dynamic client facing data analytics team.
You will deliver results by using data analytics to deal with large, disparate volumes of data to assist your client group gain critical insights. You will have a chance work with large/listed clients and the latest data systems to enjoy a truly rewarding and successful career at EY.
Some everyday responsibilities include:
- Helping audit teams and clients to identify and extract required data from complex IT systems
- Extract and transform a variety of client financial data for use in our state of the art audit tools dedicated for audit data analytics in consultation with the audit teams
- Support the internal promotion of the extraction support available
- Using analytical and visualisation software to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise client data to help solve real problems and provide real business insights through identification of anomalies and unusual patterns and trends in data
- Coordinate and assist to deliver on a portfolio of data analytics engagements
- Work on audit innovation projects and use programming tools/ robotics software to automate manual audit tasks for efficiency and cost savings
We are looking for people with a mix of Business, Accounting and Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics skills.
- University degree or above majoring in information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics, accounting, and/or business administration
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and all MS Office Suite products, including Excel Macros and VBA programming is required
- Sound working knowledge of MS SQL Server/ SQL Server Integration Services and/or other database and analytical tools
- Experience in extracting information from financial systems
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, Spotfire or PowerBI to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise client data
- Ability to form productive working relationships with internal clients
- Experience with AI/RPA/Automation software is a plus.
- Experience with Python/ R or other programming languages is a plus
- Basic understanding of accounting/ auditing concepts with some working experience in financial audit/ IT audit is a plus