|Job Type:||Full Time|
Merchandising Manager - B2B
As a start-up business inside one of Australia's largest retailers, WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner - WooliesX.
Having been awarded the Canstar Blue Award for No.1 in Customer Satisfaction for online groceries, and more recently being voted the most popular Loyalty Program in Australia, we’re proud of the work we do and are being recognised for delivering innovative and best in class service that is convenient, frictionless and personalised to our customers.
Woolworths Business is a newly created business at WooliesX, part of the Woolworths Group. As a strategic objective, we have a goal of growing our B2B revenue and customer offering significantly by 2024, focused on supplying everyday products to businesses across Australia.
About the role
This role is key to shaping the strategic direction and executing our customer value proposition. As Merchandise Manager, you will be responsible for defining the range and supplier agreements for a nominated Product Category. You will lead and mentor a team to deliver this strategy aligned to the overarching ambitions of Woolworths Business. You will also lead supplier discussions, driving mutually beneficial long term business plans, forging strong partnerships between both businesses. Your success will come from delivering a best in class product assortment that unlocks revenue growth opportunities within the B2B channel, delivering over and above our new business customers expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the overall short and long term strategic direction and plan for a nominated product category including product ranging, new initiatives, systems & processes, product innovation, promotions, marketing in order to achieve sales growth.
- Drive efficiency through range curation, delivering a high performing product assortment aligned to specific customer buying requirements.
- Continuously leverage data & insights to drive continuous improvement and sustainable growth for both Woolworths Business and our supply partners
- Review and Implement improved processes to achieve substantial cost-savings for the business
- Develop and empower your team to work end to end together, creating a customer first team culture
- Develop talent pipelines and future leaders by providing regular feedback to your team, creating meaningful development plans and ensuring succession plans
- Set and achieve market share objectives against competitors
To be successful in this role:
- Business degree/qualification (MBA an advantage), with previous B2B experience an advantage
- Demonstrated merchandise/buying experience managing a large volume portfolio with full P&L responsibility for at least $50+ million
- Cross-functional range & merchandise experience at senior level, including deep understanding of category management (>5 years)
- Demonstrated ability to influence, establish and maintain strong relationships with peers & senior management
- Experienced and adept at operating and navigating at all levels of an organisation
- Good understanding of retail operations and supply chain
- Track record of managing and delivering change as well as results
- Sound presentation, communication, planning, and leadership skills
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to connect? Connect with me on LinkedIn Tara Collison. We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.