|Job Type:||Full Time|
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Iress is continuing to hire for roles during Covid-19 with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually . Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
This role is focused around Production Support. The successful person will help drive quality outcomes for Iress clients and enable engineering teams by providing capabilities focused on the supportability and reliability of Iress software. The role ensures both engineering and operationally focused teams work seamlessly as one combined, end-2-end product engineering team. You will be working with a large global product engineering team supporting a complex mix of software, clients and delivery outcomes.
What you will be doing
- Drives increased automation throughout operational engineering activities and remove “hands-on” work, driving an effective efficiency outcome.
- Ensure services provided extend product engineering teams through to production, enabling speed and scale globally
- Ensures existing clients and solutions continue to operate effectively
- In conjunction with Delivery Capability, supports and participates in a transformation in how people work within and across teams
- Ensures software, network and any relevant technical changes are correctly migrated to production
- Monitor Iress systems for alarms and outages, and take appropriate action in line with Iress guidelines
- Define, promote and support the team methodologies and processes and actively participates in the continual improvement of these.
- Finding better ways of doing things, with a view to the future and technology delivery trends. Participates in defining the future-state of support engineering and considers the wider technology environment when making changes toward this state.
What you will need
- Experience in providing production support for mission-critical applications is essential to this role.
- CI/CD tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, Teamcity)
- Experience working with Cloud platforms (AWS) as well as owned-hardware
- Have a good understanding of Window-based software
- Have a good understanding of Linux-based software
- Working knowledge of modern software technology, consumer trends in technology and engineering principles and practices - automates through the implementation of solutions “as-code”
- Has an ability to relate effectively and positively with all people at all levels within Iress
- Capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond operational engineering and technology
- Can empathise with people and clients appropriately and use that empathy in effective decision making
- Has a keen interest in technology, automation and software engineering
Why work with us
Competitive base salary
Casual dress, flexible work policy
Access to various learning and development programs
3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
Global 36-hour hackathon
Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.