|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have a Permanent opportunity for a Heavy Duty Fitter to join our team based at Mt Whaleback.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, this role will be part of a busy workshop maintaining and repairing Caterpillar products that are brought into the workshop. Your responsibility will involve carrying out repairs, maintenance and servicing and managing work orders. You will be required to carry out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support programs whilst maintaining and operating in a safe work environment
This roster will be 7 days on, 7 nights on, 7 days off working 12-hour days or 4 days on, 4 nights on, 4 days off (Residential Newman roster)
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian recognised Heavy-Duty Trade Certificate with a minimum of 3 years post trade experience
- Industrial tooling fundamentals (experience using and maintaining heavy equipment tooling- e.g. High Torq, Pressing/pulling equipment, electronic diagnostic/calibration tools, etc)
- Equipment experience to include, extensive 992G/K, 793C/D/F, 785C and 789C diagnostics/fault find and repair, servicing, major repair/rebuild. Additional but not mandatory repair and support to the clients extended ancillary fleet
- Caterpillar product knowledge and maintenance experience
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in an isolated and remote environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team and have a strong commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5's
- Demonstrate First Attack Firefighting Equipment training or willing to obtain
- Current Forklift licence, dogging ticket, Working at Heights ticket
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance available, with housing and utilities provided
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.