|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
*** This role involves work for the Australian Government and will potentially have access to classified information/resources. As such, a security clearance is required and therefore it is a requirement that the successful candidate be an Australian Citizen. ***
The Network Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) role provides senior operational advice, support and technical expertise in the design, development, implementation, maintenance and operational assurance of the Home Affairs Network environment.The position is also required to work closely with pre-sales focusing on the design and supportability elements of in scope Network architecture.
The role will require knowledge of ITIL methodology. This will involve the use of Incident, Change and Problem Management techniques to drive technical resolver groups in the resolution, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions to ensure that Network performance levels are exceeded.
The role is required to work closely with Engineering resources and where applicable, provide functional leadership in the successful development, operation and maintenance of the client services
- Definition of new CI types (in conjunction with Architect and SACM teams)
- Adherence to architectural system numbering/terminology with Chief Architect guidance
- Analysis and remediation of exceptions identified by SACM audit
- Assist with the definition of new CI types at an architectural and project level with SACM and project team
- Maintain Network Services Datasheet
- Defining Events
- Event Monitoring
- Incident Resolution
- Ensure Real time Service Management Tool (SNOW) ticket are updated by relevant teams.
- Provide assistance to the Problem Manager for Problem Resolution
- Working with Solution Architects on development of proposals for new subsystems / changes to systems to ensure they are fit for purpose. This will be checked in the pre-submission proposal review.
- Demonstrated ability to manage Technical Customer Delivery outcomes including:
- Incident Management
- IT Service Continuity
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Problem Management
- Ability to manage and maintain relationships with clients at Senior and Operational management levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging Network technologies.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written, including experience in writing complex management reports, such as network performance overviews and recommendations, submissions, and business cases.
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation certification or demonstrated ITIL knowledge to an equivalent level.
- A proven ability to facilitate and co-ordinate multiple technical teams and third-party vendors in support of complex operational outcomes.
- A proven ability to manage the transition from project delivery to support within area of accountability.
- A proven ability to manage Cisco Licensing and support contracts.
- Ability to understand commercial models that underpin operational support models.
Technical skills required
- Network (Routing, WAN optimisation, Switching, WLAN, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Taps).
- Vendor experience/knowledge with Cisco, Riverbed, Aruba.
- Carriage (Data, SIP, ISDN, NBN, DSL).
- Data Centre connectivity.
- Security (e.g. ISM, PSPF, ASD Cyber Security Mitigation Strategies)
- Support Tools (Monitoring, Reporting, Backups, Logging, Authentication, Management etc.).
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.