|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- 12 years of experience managing programs.
- Program management experience. People, leadership and communication experience.
- Experience in planning and delivering technical product development. Experience working on cross-product area projects.
- Experience with cross-functional stakeholder management (including product teams). Experience working with third party partners.
- Experience aligning multiple groups around a single objective.
- Proven technical skills, including data gathering and analysis.
- The ability to work within an integrated and distributed team composed of both highly technical and non-technical members.
- The ability to manage/juggle competing priorities without a loss of efficiency.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Our Mission in Google Maps' Transit and Multimodal, part of Geo’s Transportation mission, is to create the foremost real-time customizable, multimodal personal routing software to power your transportation needs -- whether you drive, ride share, rickshaw, bike, walk, ferry, take public transit, or any combination of modes.
In Geo, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You'll plan requirements, establish project plans, build roadmaps, usher projects through the entire project lifecycle, and bring life to our mission.
Beyond solid program delivery, we seek professionals with proven experience in leading a project through the entire software development lifecycle, problem solving, and managing complex project schedules. In this role, you'll be required to think critically and lead through intellect and persuasion. You will have a strong drive, a collaborative method of working, and experience delivering complex systems on time. You will need excellent communication skills to be the go-to person for questions about schedules, quality, and progress across multiple teams.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work with Product and Engineering to define (and refine) the Transit and Multimodal routing strategy and roadmap for consumers.
- Lead initiatives that translate the overarching strategy across a number of different areas including prioritization, execution, and culture and inclusion.
- Establish, lead operating project plans and execution strategy (including processes and tools) for effectively managing local, cross-site projects. Work with global teams and Geo sites to build excellent transportation experiences.
- Manage multiple independent projects of high complexity and scope; using sound judgment to develop milestones and success criteria, drive on-time project delivery, challenge proposals, and build consensus.
- Remove roadblocks, increase engineering velocity, and speed up releases and launches. Identify problems and issues, proactively, across organizations and create programs and processes to solve them.