|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Xbox Category manager in the Asia Xbox Category team, you will plan and support execution of category marketing and sales plans for Xbox in Australia & New Zealand. Land the right assortment with partners and manage the Xbox internal planning Rhythm of Business across Xbox product lines.
The Asia Xbox category team’s mission is to deliver Xbox’s goal to ensure our customers can play the games they want, with the people they want, on the devices they want. To accomplish this, our business goal is to accelerate reach and engagement across devices and help earn Xbox fans through the intersection of customers, software and hardware partners, channel partners and creators.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Consumer Channel Marketing & Sales division (CCSM) plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We work closely with our external ecosystem and internal business groups to deliver amazing customer experiences powered by Microsoft Windows, Surface, Office, and Xbox, along with Azure, Azure Sphere, Azure Stack and Windows Server.
Business Management & Rhythms
- Support the ANZ Xbox Category lead & team and business rhythms, which includes
- CCSM forecasting and business rhythms – weekly forecasting, MBU, sales meetings, etc.
- Retail partner and sales team engagements along with Microsoft Store teams.
- Support category updates and actions across sales team meetings. Providing clarity on deadlines, asks & help needed.
- Supporting bi-annual sales & marketing meetings and collateral.
- Define and own a best practice sharing process that allows us to grow successful local programs beyond the borders of just one region
Xbox Category Management
- Support the ANZ Category Management team across Hardware, Services & Games across Go To Market & sustain initiatives.
- Aligning revenue outlooks with production forecasts and securing product supply in partnership with our Operations & Supply teams. Support alignment and allocations with retail partners & sales teams.
- Keep sales teams informed with the latest updates in product information & assets.
- Support offers and promotion process across category, sales & sales excellence.
- Working with our Marcom teams to develop and execute marketing campaigns that drive sales in partnership with our regional teams
- Coordinate promotional activities, act as point of contact for the field teams, distribute assets and drive follow ups to evaluate the ROI
- Provide category analytics and consumer insights to support the teams to build strong Category plans and enable them to become trusted advisors to key retail and marketing partners
- Own the central samples management process for key product releases in ANZ
- Passion for Gaming and the Xbox Brand
- Strong project management skills (identifying steps needed to get to a desired outcome and leading the teams thru those steps)
- Ability to summarize complex business situations and to remove complexities
- An entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about building businesses, and thrives within a fast-paced environment.
- Sharp analytical skills and acumen to review and manage budgets, market data, and revenue opportunities.
- Experience in planning and executing marketing strategies and sales activities that drive business results.
- Able to directly deliver and deliver thru influence of others
- Previous experience in the consumer electronics industry, gaming industry, retail category management, or like business. Experience with devices sales in consumer channels a plus.
- A character that exemplifies Microsoft values including integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, and mutual respect.
- Strong English language skills, both verbally and written
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.