|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are currently looking for a senior leader to lead a team of deeply technical Apps & Infra Cloud Solution Architects (CSA) and Customer Engineers to be at the forefront of our customers’ digital transformation. This Practice Lead is a leadership role in our Customer Success Unit, and will be a passionate, forward-thinking, hands-on leader with exceptional skills in developing and leading a highly technical team focused on Microsoft Cloud Solutions and the customer support experience.
This person will be very active in day-to-day coaching of his/her team, leading by example, ensuring that the Team’s capabilities are aligned with Customer Success business goals, championing the success adoption of Microsoft cloud solutions, and driving an exceptional customer support experience through proactive service delivery and operational excellence within their organization.
This Practice Lead role will drive growth of Azure Services for a set of Enterprise accounts, through direct management of a team of Apps & Infra CSA Managers that will cover Enterprise customers in their respective territory. This is an exciting role that will help fuel Azure Customer success through customer retention and growth.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Technical Leadership: Be the thought leader and advisor on technical integration and innovation for this technical domain. Maintain a strong and active external network to guide/council on technology trends and cloud adoption. Be a strong voice/advocate to drive associated customer requirements with corporate product and engineering teams. Be a credible technical leader to both coach teams and guide enterprise customers for larger impact and more sustainable cloud solutions. Coach and enable your team to accelerate Azure projects to production, including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration. Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful.
Business Leadership: Own the business and results across the domain solution area, and associated customer experiences. Be a vocal leader and customer champion with both local and corporate leadership teams to elevate cloud adoption issues, the customer support experience and to accelerate resolution. Influences across organizational leadership teams to establish targeted customer executive relationships that promote Microsoft's business objectives in the solution area. Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the Area to drive CSA and CE role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
Business Execution: Own and drives the adoption and consumption of cloud services and proactive support offerings through discipline in processes, identifying/prioritizing resources to key projects, escalating top blockers and sponsoring systemic improvements to the customer support experience. Ensures a predictable and scalable customer engagement model is implemented across all accounts in the segment, leveraging our resources, partners, and Microsoft Consulting Services. Delivers on financial commitments by managing to the budget for your business and delivering on quarterly financial accountabilities. Drives operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management and high-quality reporting and insights.
People Leadership: Builds and grows a healthy team through talent management and a thoughtful diversity and inclusion, coaching, and career development focus. Is a respected technology leader with the ability to attract, retain, and develop elite talent in the field. Inspires and fosters a culture of customer-centricity and consumption, adoption and use, through collaboration with peers and extended teams.
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Proven experience driving change management or technical adoption required
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required
- Ability to act on Customer Escalations and needs; Unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time - required
- Extensive people leadership experience, inspiring and fostering a culture of customer centricity, attracting, developing, and retaining deep technical resources, business and project management resources required
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions required
- Strong technical understanding of Applications & Infrastructure Enterprise cloud workloads required
- Ability to stay up to date on new/improved Azure scenarios and workloads required
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- Apps n Infra CSA Manager: Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
- 10+ years of experience in technical sales, engineering or consultative delivery required
- 10+ years of experience in people management required
- Track record of owning a business area and exceeding results, establishing a strong voice to drive transformational change across the organization required
- Extensive experience managing complex, project-based resources, dealing with ambiguous situations with can-do attitude across enterprise customers preferred