The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are seeking a Data Modeller to join our Data and Analytics team in our Canberra office. This role is offered on a flexible, full-time basis.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organisations. We go beyond strategy, and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
As a Data Modeller, we want you to bring your experience and leading practice data modelling principles to the engagement teams that you will work with. You will be working closely with our Enterprise Architects and various Data Source and Target system stakeholders across a variety of different industry sectors to implement world-class data driven solutions.
You will drive the standardised definition of our client’s data domains and assist the business users and technology teams to incorporate these into their landscapes to enable business agility and innovation.
- Lead, develop and maintain data models and definitions across all lines of business while working closely with Data Architects and various system stakeholders
- Advise and implement leading industry practice data modelling production, storage, and consumption standards
- Defining and designing the glossary / data dictionary
- Be involved in project initiatives to drive alignment to our data principles and standards
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our key architects and stakeholders across clients and internal EY service lines
- Understand and document how data is, or will be used, and its implications on people, processes, products and technology
- Data modelling using techniques such as Data Vault, 3rd Normal Form, Kimball (5 Years)
- Broad domain experience including Defence, Health and Logistics, with the ability to link the dots across industry data sets
- Understanding of Data Modelling principles (Kimball, 3NF, Data Vault, etc.)
- Experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Data analysis, profiling and mining skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Ability to translate high level design into specific implementation steps
- Strong ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Experience working with Agile teams
As this role is within a Federal Government client of EY, only Australian Citizens can be considered.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Software engineering/ETL background
- Strong experience with data warehousing and working in cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- Experience in working with industry data models (IBM’s IDW/IFW, Accord, Teradata FS-LDM, ARTS Retail Model, etc.)
- Experience with Data Modelling tools such as CA ERWin, Sparx EA, etc.
- Experience with BI reporting tools such as SAS, Power BI, Tableau, etc.