The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are seeking a Data Visualisation Specialist to join our Data and Analytics team in our Canberra office. This role is offered on a flexible, full-time basis.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organisations. We go beyond strategy, and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
In this role as a Data Visualisation Specialist you will work with diverse stakeholders to identify challenges with data, and how they can be addressed using various analysis techniques. You will be part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients, whilst using cutting edge technologies.
- Present data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing relational databases for collecting data
- Keep a track of trends, patterns and correlation in case of complex data sets
- Prepare concise data reports and data visualizations for stakeholders that will help in decision making processes
- Prepare dashboards and data visualisations for clients
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture and Implementation in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career
- Dashboard and User Interface development experience
- Experience in the development of dashboard and UIs using tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and Neo4j (ideally 5 years)
- Exposure to data / data environments / databases / large data sets
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions
- Experience in generating structured insights from data collected from various sources and formats
- Business acumen and the ability to translate data insights into meaningful business recommendation
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Public Sector Experience in Canberra will be high regarded
- A background or skills within STEM or qualifications in software development, information systems, computer science, AI or similar
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
As this role is within a Federal Government client of EY, only Australian Citizens can be considered.