The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Data Business Analyst within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Canberra office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand their business requirements to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques
- Actively participate and lead sales pursuits and business development opportunities for wider data and analytics projects
- Be able to clearly explain data and analytics strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with key management personnel and internal client base including data engineers, BA’s and directly with the services/businesses
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
- Present data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing relational databases for collecting data
- Keep a track of trends, patterns and correlation in case of complex data sets
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture and Implementation in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career
- Experienced in delivering modern data platform solutions, data governance, architecture frameworks and processes
- Proven track record in either consulting in a data/information modelling environment in any government department is a plus
- Previous experience with various tools and technologies for big data
- Good understanding and experience with the traditional data warehouse architecture principles
- Ability to lead a team and collaborate with other business units
- A good team player who shows flexibility and a pro-activeness to deliver on relevant outcomes
- Exposure to data / data environments / databases / large data sets
- Strong problem solver, someone unhappy with the status quo
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
- Prior Big4 Consulting experience
As this role is within a Federal Government client of EY, only Australian Citizens can be considered.