The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for Senior Manager and Director roles within the Financial Services Risk Management team in our Melbourne and/or Sydney office.
If you’re a high energy professional wanting to be part of something bigger, seeking to accelerate your career and learn first-hand from some of the industry’s most seasoned practitioners - we’d appreciate a confidential conversation with you.
We wish to attract, invest in and reward self-starters who’ll drive their own career while sharing the journey with others. These roles are offered on a flexible full-time or part-time basis.
Our specialist practice is a trusted board and management adviser to Australia’s largest Financial Services organisations. For over 15 years our dedicated team has been providing strategic and regulatory solutions on the most significant and sensitive matters in the Australian market.
As a Senior Manager / Director, you’ll play a pivotal role in our Conduct and Regulatory Compliance team. Your role will be to lead a portfolio of clients and deliver multiple engagements across the conduct and compliance agenda, with a focus on product design and distribution obligations, leveraging EY’s global network of financial services sector and risk consulting professionals. We’ll give you the platform to professionally flourish as you:
- Lead and develop our committed, capable and fun team
- Build trusted relationships with senior financial services executive, their regulators and advisers
- Refine your sense of enquiry on some of the market’s most complex and high-profile matters
- Perfect your communication skills when distilling complex investigations and remediations for an executive audience
- Take a sense of pride that your work is playing a key role in keeping our communities safe and ensuring that misconduct is prevented
- Embrace the value of a diverse workplace and our collective capability that we believe sets us apart
- Appreciate the importance of discretion in protecting the market sensitive information you’ll be privy to
- Lead proposals and creating tailored offerings, and taking them successfully to our clients leveraging our global network
- Lead the identification and generation of potential business opportunities for EY
- Direct pursuits for new client opportunities and growing existing valued relationships
- Draw on your knowledge and experience to create practical and innovative insights for clients, contributing to EY thought leadership
- Manage teams, as well as senior client stakeholders and be responsible for delivering high quality results and generating effective and impactful solutions
- Provide focused and supportive leadership and training to your teams
- Be responsible for ensuring all engagement are planned and delivered within budget and on time
- Deliver engagements in line with our values and commitment to quality, consistently driving projects to completion and ensuring that work is of high standard
Within the risk practice you will:
- Establish, maintain and strengthen all internal and external relationships
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, mentoring, and leading people initiatives to empower high performing teams
- University bachelor’s degree
- 8 years financial services or professional services experiences
- Experience managing talented professionals
- A methodical problem solver with a pragmatic outlook and demonstrable commercial acumen
- Knowledge and experience of Risk Consulting. Relevant recent Big 4 experience in winning and leading projects with recognised financial services organisations will be an advantage. This ideally should be complemented by employment experience within the financial services sector
- Previous product design and distribution experience, which may include:
- Management of risk through the product lifecycle in-line with regulatory expectations
- Experience in the design, development and review of products
- Overseeing and the review of product distribution channels
- Product remediation would be advantageous
- A sense of enquiry and professional scepticism
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong emotional intelligence