|Job Type:||Full Time|
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Iress is continuing to hire for roles during Covid-19 with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually . Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day. Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
This is a permanent role in our Superannuation team. You will join a cross functional team working in an Agile environment. The work is varied including working with clients, taking part in stand ups and building different products such as Mobile Apps. You will work on Java, React and Typescript among other technologies.
What you will be doing
- Liaise with Business Analysts, Development and Quality Assurance team members to clarify technical requirements and implement the required functionality.
- Assist with troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues and defects within the scope of Acurity functionality.
- Provide client support to address specific client needs
- Work independently and be self-sufficient, whilst having the skills to work collaboratively with business representatives, development and quality assurance team members.
What you will need
- Be a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Australia
- Commercial experience with Java ( Min 3 years)
- Experience with unit testing and unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge of the superannuation space would be awesome but not a deal breaker
- Strong analytical, problem solving skill and high attention to detail
- Ability to build solid working relationships with internal staff and clients
- A ‘can do’ attitude and be able to apply a methodical approach to problem solving
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within both Agile and waterfall based methodologies
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- State-of-the-art offices
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Table tennis, pool tables, meditation rooms
- Subsidised Myki
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.