|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Optus our vision is to continue to lead Australia through outstanding customer experience and we believe our people are at the heart of this. We are passionate about creating a climate that encourages our people to achieve their best – personally and professionally!
An opportunity which offers impact, progression and purpose! Making a direct impact on our customers.
The Supplier Manager is a pivotal role in the organisation, it will manage multiple relationships with major prepaid and potential postpaid vendors across the Mobile Device landscape.
The relationship management of mobile vendors incorporates:
- Strong business acumen translation into vendor management strategies within the Telco Devices space
- Owns all commercials, purchasing, go-to-market and escalations for products and services
- Delivers strategic master Supplier agreements and all commercials deals
- Continually seeks optimal value from vendors, reviewing and monitoring performance and return-on-investment metrics through quarterly vendor reviews
- Owns the end-to-end supply relationship management
The role will also look after the multiple portfolio categories with responsibilities to:
- Define a competitive portfolio strategy and roadmap both in long term and short term
- Understand all the details and constraints and use responsible judgment to make the best recommendations and trade-offs for the business
- Own the product lifecycle management for all products in their portfolio ensuring they drive strong profitability and minimize obsolescence and aged inventory risks
- Diploma/Cert qualified (marketing or business related)
- 3 or more years in Telco Devices with Focus on Vendor Management/Commercials
- Some background in contract negotiation and creation
- Product or Portfolio Management experience, some background in PLM
- Current mobile device market knowledge
- Experience in presenting ideas and plans to senior executives for endorsement and approval
- Solid financial skills in business case development, campaign projections and forecasting
- Extensive Mobile Device experience