|Job Type:||Full Time|
Working at Dyno Nobel provides the opportunity to be a part of an industry leading innovator in the explosives industry. Dyno Nobel, a business of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in commercial explosives. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel. Dyno Nobel is the market leader in North America – the largest explosives market in the world – and the second largest supplier in Australia – the third largest explosives market in the world.
- ASX100 Global manufacturer and marketer of commercial explosives, fertilisers and industrial explosives
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Parts Interpreter
- Peak Downs Depot (Moranbah) based | Monday to Friday 5/2 Residential Roster
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with an industry leader in both the agriculture and mining industries. IPL is an ASX 100 global diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilisers.
Moranbah is approximately 200km south-west of Mackay, with a population of 9,000 people, mainly consisting of residential employees and families. It is a family friendly community offering outstanding amenities including a range of sporting and social facilities, primary & secondary schools, great medical facilities and events all year to suit a range of diverse cultures. The town is easily accessible with a number of daily flights from Moranbah to Brisbane with two major airlines.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Parts Interpreter/Inventory Controller to join our Peak Downs fleet maintenance operation. You will be an integral part of the team fostering excellent relationships that will be considered when key decisions are made.
Having worked in a similar role with competing demands, you will be proficient in a range of software applications (Microsoft Suite and SAP essential) with impeccable attention to detail, and demonstrated organisational skills.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Asset Care Parts Interpreter/Inventory Controller is an integral member of the Maintenance team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain critical spares and stores inventory.
- Set up and adhere to minimum and maximum quantities and implement pull systems.
- Review RM costs and record/flag unplanned costs with Area Manager.
- Perform regular audits of stores and parts inventory.
- Prepare reports when needed and monitor process effectiveness.
- Filing and management of maintenance documentation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Acts, legal demands (as identified in the DNAP Legal Database) and ethical standards.
- Participate in/support site based Business Improvement initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- Solid relevant experience in a stores or parts control and distribution position
- Hold current LV license
- Hold current forklift license
- High level of numerical skills
- Mechanical background
- Certificate or Diploma in stores or parts interpretation advantageous
You will have the ability to work autonomously and assist the site and surrounding satellite sites in complying with and improving systems, ensuring a smooth and effortless process. Along with your excellent problem solving ability, you will be customer focused, will be able to build on strong vendor relationships, be results driven and have the ability to show initiative.
A friendly and professional approach, coupled with the ability to 'go the extra mile' is essential to fitting in with this close knit team.
You will have a strong focus on team work and continuous improvement, together with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- Flexible working conditions
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Discounted corporate health plans
- Personal leisure travel discounts
- Sustainability leader as rated by ACSI
- My Rewards discounts and perks program
A little more about us
Please click on apply and we will be in contact with you within 5 working days with an update.
At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount, and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
IPL is committed to building an inclusive and accessible organisation through the development of a culture that embraces diversity, improves organisational engagement and allows our employees to reach their full potential. IPL values the range of perspectives, experience and skills that a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the organisation and, through this contribution, strengthens the Company.
At the heart of Incitec Pivot’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
Please note: As a courtesy, current employees must notify their Line Manager of their intention to apply.
The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting OH&S procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
We support diversity in the workplace, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.