|Job Type:||Full Time|
Among Australia’s earliest adopters of the Google platform and agile methodologies, we are continually investing in future-focused IT solutions. We seek curious, innovative and resourceful technology experts to help us pave the way and to make the most valuable impact.
The core purpose of the Service Operations & Infrastructure team at Woolworths Group is to design, build and manage the best technology services and infrastructure possible. We aim to support those services in a way that empowers our businesses to serve our customers in the same professional and inspiring manner in which they serve our customers in the stores.
As a Product Owner -Operating Systems, you will translate your Enterprise Operating Systems product vision into successful consumption capabilities via extensive collaboration with other Product Owners, Application and Infrastructure Architects, Engineering leads, Operational leads, Project Offices, Vendor Partners and other key stakeholders. This role is responsible for the Enterprise Operating System strategy including the processes and tools required. You’ll work with a wide variety of stakeholders to define product and service capabilities across our hosting environments (Azure, GCP, Dell Private, Legacy).
We are striving to transform our IT ecosystem via application modernisation, including automation of infrastructure services and need a passionate and highly skilled technologist to deliver against our vision. This role will obsess with automation and its related components and success will involve traversing typical infrastructure silos to become a trusted partner with our customers.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Developing the product vision for Enterprise Operating Systems across our Hosting platforms
- Translate your vision into the product roadmap
- Work closely with your customers to collect and translate requirements to support continuous improvement of the roadmap
- Translate your roadmap and customer requirements into epics and stories
- Developing the acceptance criteria for your epics and stories
- Own, prioritise and maintain your feature backlog
- Collaboration with the Engineering lead and team to deliver, validate and accept the epics and stories created for your roadmap
- Developing and maintain your product documentation including relevant training material
- Developing and maintain your product communication plan, acting as the Voice of your products to customers
- Developing and maintain your product catalogue
- Developing joint automation strategies with Application and Infrastructure teams
- Developing and maintaining relationships with your stakeholders (internal and external)
- Developing and maintaining the financial components and integration required for your products
- Manage and remediate risks associated with your product
We are so much more than great supermarkets - we are a team of great people connected through our shared values. We are sustainably innovating to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience and a strong understanding of Agile development. Coupled with this you will have the ability to translate product vision into a cohesive product roadmap understandable by Engineering. Customer Centric with experience working with managed services and partners.
- 10+ years working with Enterprise Infrastructure technologies
- 5+ years focus on the development of Enterprise Operating System platforms (Windows Server, Redhat)
- 5+ years focus on developing supporting Operating System platforms (build, deployment, patching, monitoring, alerting, capacity)
- Experience in developing automation for Operating Systems
- Experience in developing IAM and Security solutions for Operating Systems
- 2-5+ years working with Cloud technologies
- Relevant experience in peripheral technologies (network, storage, data protection, data centre, servers, virtualisation)
- Experience working as an IT Product Owner or Service Owner
- Solid experience in the Product or Service Delivery Lifecycle
- Cloud Native Software Architecture, Engineering and Release exposure
- Experience managing a portfolio of Self-Service Infrastructure capabilities with clearly defined Service Structures.
- Understanding of Configuration Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools
- Exposure in Mutable and Immutable deployment methodologies and practices, across VMs, Containers and PaaS services
- Understanding of other Cloud related Tool components including Source Control, Orchestration, Scripting Languages
- Understanding of application development languages/platforms
- Experience in developing infrastructure automation and testing solutions
- Experience building infrastructure using modern cloud architectures
- Experience building business cases using Lean Methodologies
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.