|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals, and we are currently looking for an Associate Counsel.
The role supports the legal and regulatory aspects of Nearmap within the APAC region and the broader business in other regions where the group operates. Be part of the driving force in promoting a strong culture of integrity and help to support the business in its growth acceleration.
You have the luxury of bringing your own individual strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and providing legal advice on a high volume of external-facing sales contracts, procurement contracts, and government bid documents ranging from standard SaaS licensing terms, partnership arrangements through to complex machine learning licensing, as well as on external-facing third party services and other commercial contracts.
- Advising on legal risks and legal liabilities associated with relevant contracts.
- Attending to legal-related customer support requests and enquiries, as well as from internal stakeholders.
- Updating standard sales terms as needed for new product releases.
- Working alongside other departments within the company where necessary to resolve legal issues and minimise legal risks.
- Collaborating with other departments to increase efficiency of the legal department and the business.
- Providing training to the commercial team in understanding the legal position and risk exposure in commercial contracts.
- Helping support global privacy data needs of the company, particularly working with sales operations, technology, engineering and product teams.
- Staying abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesise the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices.
- Participating with senior lawyers and management to understand Nearmap’s business strategies and needs to maximise value.
- Supporting managing IP issues and IP portfolio.
- Assisting in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on various legal and business.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders where necessary.
- Overseeing, managing and guiding legal interns.
More about what you need to bring…
- 4-5 years post-admission experience gained in either an IT/TMT or as an in-house technology lawyer, but open to candidates with a corporate/commercial law background.
- Must have experience in general corporate and commercial contracts.
- Experienced in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, ideally someone who is comfortable with leading negotiations.
- Experience with SaaS related commercial contract (vendor side) and ideally licensing arrangements involving artificial intelligence, machine learning and machine derived attributes.
- Experience in managing IP issues and IP portfolio is ideal.
- Understanding of ASX Listing Rules is ideal.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Able to handle matters with minimal supervision, work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Strong interpersonal, commercial and communication skills to be an effective business partner.
- Solid business judgement, including the ability to anticipate and analyse impact and consequences of decisions/initiative and recommendations.
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, Bonus Plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8