|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for Cloud Services? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft's products? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If so, this is a great opportunity for you.
Microsoft Customer Success Unit is looking for a Customer Engineer (CE) to join our Mission Critical Support team. In this role you will be working with customers and partners building, deploying, operating, and optimizing large complex enterprise environments. You will also be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption, and support of enterprise Microsoft deployments.
As a CE you will be a key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services to ensure our customers Mission Critical Solutions are in top operational health. These services will include deliveries such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.
- Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them
- Create deliverables to address common Microsoft Unified Support customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others
- Maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness
- Consistently apply “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate Microsoft Mission Critical Support offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customers
We provide technical direction to our customers who are deploying, maintaining or innovating solutions using the latest technology. We enable our customers to have the skills to deploy, support and maintain their Mission Critical environment in line with Microsoft recommended practices.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to combine their technical passion, creativity and customer focus to deliver great solutions to their customers and ensure they get the best out of our technologies and solutions.
WHAT WE NEED
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with customers
- A passion for learning about and experimenting with new technologies
- Confidence in creating and delivering technical presentations, supportability reviews and training
- Knowledge of problem resolution processes, triaging issues and a willingness to participate in post-incident meetings to share that knowledge
- An interest in learning to read, interpret and/or develop technical specifications, action plans and support strategies
- Ability to build trust to drive change with customers
- Excellent organization and planning skills
We would also expect you to be able to pass the following Azure Certifications in the first 12 months of employment with us, if you do not already hold them:
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- AZ-103: Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
We are looking for someone to join our team who will focus on one of the following technical skill sets. You may already have these skills, or you might be interested in learning about them.
- Designing and implementing Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Integrating on-premises Active Directory with Azure AD
- Envision and deploy modern identity solutions such as Azure AD MFA, Azure AD Conditional Access, Azure AD Privileged Identity Management, Azure AD B2B and Azure AD Application Proxy
- Designing and implementing private, public and/or hybrid cloud solutions.
- Designing, implementing, and securing resources including Azure Active Directory, Azure App Service Apps and Virtual Networks.
- Designing networking and security solutions.
- Creating and managing Azure Resource Manager (ARM) virtual machines.
- Knowledge of or an interest in one or more of the following: Azure PowerShell, CLI, Visual Studio, Python, Ruby or Terraform
WHAT WE OFFER
- Microsoft offers a flexible working environment to enable you to better balance your work and life
- Microsoft prides itself on the parental and family related leave we offer to help when you need to be with your family
- Microsoft provides a vast range of training and learning experiences for their employees from online self paced training, through to face to face conference style learning. We want to invest in your learning, so bring your passion and we will help you find the right path.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.