|Job Type:||Full Time|
Merchandise Manager - Fresh Operations
- Lead, coach and develop Fresh Operations
- Drive strategy, execute and embed customer led commercial strategies
- Deliver on framework to drive the transformation program
Responsible for the Fresh Operations Strategy, the Merchandise Manager - Fresh Operations will work closely with the Category, Format and Operations teams to evolve the Fresh Made Easy strategy which seeks to offer a greater range of fresh product that is customer-focussed, innovative and easy to shop.
Reporting into the Head of Chilled, Bakery & Deli, you will work with the category teams to define the Fresh Development Strategy, identifying range gaps within Fresh Category Plans to ensure that we are continually delivering on innovation from product concept to design and to onshelf products, whilst delivering sales, profit and market share to budget.
Woolworths is proud to be Aussie, through and through. It's why 96% of our fresh fruit & veg comes from our very own backyard and it's also the reason why 100% of our fresh meat comes from Australian farms and nowhere else. Welcome to Australia's Fresh Food People!
We are much more than a supermarket though, we are part of Australia's biggest retail group, Woolworths Limited, and have the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands. With recent expansion into financial services and award-winning multi-channel initiatives, our innovation and customer obsession is changing the face of Australian retail.
About the Role
With a customer-led mindset and a fresh perspective, you will lead and develop Fresh Operations to set and deliver on the Fresh Development Strategy as well as the financial and non-financial objectives over a 3-5 year planning horizon.
Key accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Expand Ways of Working to Deliver on key Commercial, Strategic and People KPIs.
- Identify gaps within the plan to continue to deliver on the innovation from product concept to design to onshelf products.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to implement the right operating model in stores to deliver to our customers need and work with internal stakeholders to determine the macro space needs and planograms.
- Maintain end to end partnership with the Commercial, internal teams and external bodies, operational support from the Group (e.g. store ops, supply chain, renewals).
- Creation of Fresh Development Strategic Plans, operations partnerships and relationships.
- Development of department commercial plan (cogs, shrink, pricing & promotions, own brand).
- Management and execution of product performance, market share, competitors, price and promotion, suppliers, category trends and customer insight
- Deliver on department plans and on the framework to drive the transformation program.
Our Fresh Made Easy strategy will offer our customers a far greater range of fresh product offers into the future, and that’s why you’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a team of great people.
You’re active in the community and you take authorship for what you create. You have a demonstrated experience in leading, influencing and managing high performing teams, and work collaboratively to maintain strong mutual relationships and partnerships with suppliers and manufacturers to deliver the best value for customers.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable skills in leading large teams, matrix management, influencing and collaboration
- A balanced approach to sales and profit, with experience in working in a financial role with set targets
- High level of contractual Negotiation and strong supplier management skills as escalated or needed.
- Commercial, Trade and/or Store Operations background, with experience in commercial negotiation and supplier development and management.
- Ability to engage internal & external parties to deliver outstanding results while maintaining key partnerships.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to connect? Connect with me on LinkedIn Tara Collison. We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #work180
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You