|Location:||New South Wales, New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Heavy vehicle/mobile plant qualified with surface & underground experience?
- Work on Caterpillar equipment including loaders, off-highway and dump trucks
- Even rotating day and night roster, 7 on, 7 off - 12 hour shifts
- Competitive base hourly rate + 25% allowances
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
PLANT MECHANIC - CADIA
About the role
We are seeking Plant Mechanics to join our on-site crew at Cadia. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, in this role you will perform repairs, maintenance and inspections on customer machines including R3000H loaders, 740B dump trucks, 777G off-highway trucks, and will use your high level of technical skill and expertise to carry out these duties in a safety conscious environment. This work will take place in and around the pit and customer workshop, and will involve some underground work. On offer is a permanent position on an even rotating day and night roster of 7 days on, 7 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off - 12 hour shifts.
- Repairs, maintenance and inspections
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Awareness of the safety of self and your team mates
Skills & Experience
- CERT III Heavy Vehicle / Mobile Plant Qualification
- Previous experience working in surface and underground environments
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- Familiarity with Caterpillar equipment
- Commitment to maintaining safe work practices
- Competitive base hourly rate plus 10% location and 15% shift allowances
- 2-3 days training where required at our Newcastle RTO
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 877477.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.