Rank: Associate Director
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology, you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
- Responsible for the management, direction and leadership of a program, which consists of a group of related projects, subprograms, and/or program activities, in alignment with strategy, commitments and goals
- Oversees and manages the overall design, building, and testing of IT programs, services and solutions - on time, within budget, meeting client/business requirements and in compliance with all relevant standards
- Leads project teams consisting of cross-functional, global and virtual groups and directly supervises staff, ensuring the appropriate expectations, principles, structures, tools and responsibilities are in place to deliver the program and deliver excellence
- Delivers a scalable transition process to support the deployment of services into production
- Builds successful partnership and persuades and influences internal and external stakeholders across diverse disciplines to promote engagement with the program and get stakeholder buy-in
- Proactively identifies risks and issues on programs and leads the team to develop risk management and issues management plans
Your key responsibilities
- Within large projects, defines and maintains realistic project plans, monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria and ensures programs of work are correctly allocated and resourced
- Performs the relevant program management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management
- Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders within EY and with clients
- Identifies scenarios, formulates specs for design and engineering to deliver on-time
- Works with project managers to provide support and guidance for the individual projects within a program of work and may manage people / teams.
- Leads the development and improvement of project governance framework for use across programs of work
- Builds long-term relationships with internal and external IT and business leaders, ensuring engagement and formal agreement from a diverse range of stakeholders throughout
- Leads the development of RFP/RFI process.
Skills and attributes for success
- Expert knowledge of Project Management, IT governance formulation, and team management
- Knowledge of IT risk management, IT standards and policies formulation
- Robust understanding of IT infrastructure design and delivery
- Strong financial acumen ensuring financial metrics are met across multiple projects and revenue enhancement opportunities are modelled and implemented where applicable