|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your technical skills and experience in this newly created role
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Technical Officer (Mechanical), in our team at Rockingham, Western Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Technical Officer (Mechanical) you will be responsible for the output of technical advice and services within the incumbent's area of competence and engineering delegation.
The position resides within the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) Engineering Support Services and interfaces with a variety of Defence customers.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Act as the technical advisor within engineering delegation on Platform Systems (Mechanical) related issues for the Engineering Support Services (ESS) Group.
- Conduct in-service Platform Systems engineering functions to the ANZAC Class Ships and Shore Sites in accordance with Defence Seaworthiness Management System (DSwMS) requirements.
- Identify and manage in-service engineering supportability issues with the aim to optimise cost, increasing reliability and availability, and reducing technical risk.
- Provide assistance, liaison, technical advice and helpdesk support to Commonwealth stakeholders and the ANZAC Technical Support Network on matters affecting the Platform System, including for systems other than those directly related to position responsibility.
- Provide assistance and training to peers as required to ensure correct procedures are followed and desired outcomes are reached.
- Act as initial point of contact to assist in diagnosis and rectification of Platform systems (Mechanical) defects.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
- A highly developed understanding of working within a ship maintenance support/delivery environment, in particular an understanding of ship Classification Society requirements.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering discipline (preferred).
- A high degree of and experience in naval ship maintenance, operation and sustainment programs.
- Extensive experience in managing surface platform systems.
- A proven ability to operate effectively in service delivery under a performance based or Alliance style contract environment.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart - Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise "@baesystems.com" as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.