|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We live in a global, connected, and ever-changing world driven by the 4th industrial revolution where today’s students will need to have digital literacy and new skills to thrive in the digital economy. As we face a new world of work, changing economies, preparing education institutions to build future leaders has never been more vital to society.
This role will be responsible for the overall Modern Workplace business in Education for Australia.
- Own, set and drive the Modern Workplace strategy for the Education business for Australia.
- Drive larger impact and targeted business growth and drive the jointly agreed customer multi-year Digital Transformation business strategy, delivering agreed outcomes while leading a virtual internal and external team aligned to key audiences across K-12 and HED including but not limited to education system leader, school/institution leader, faculty, instructional technologists, educators, and professional development partners
- Disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that change the customer conversation away from price and towards the value proposition for education
- Delivering Education Transformation Framework narrative and leveraging to deepen transformation engagements with customers in local market
- Developing account engagement and device usage strategy plans to support best practices and digital transformation by growing usage of integrated learning solutions on the Microsoft platform (Teams, OneNote, Edge, Autopilot, End Point Management), and Windows 10 device sales and modern deployment in all Education Managed Accounts. Track all competitive deals and win back share against Google and Apple with Windows 10 devices and Intune for Education.
- Recruiting, developing, growing and nurturing an ecosystem of Microsoft technology savvy evangelists, including but not limited to:
- Local Global Training Partners (GTP) to join the GTP Program to support customer capacity building and overall professional development needs to support customer consumption plans
- Microsoft Innovative Educators (MIEs) & MIE Experts, Microsoft Showcase & Flagship Schools and Innovative Institutions, Role may engage Higher Education Schools of Education to drive MIE community
- Balance between customer facing time and programmatic activites by running a healthy and predictable business that delivers on a jointly agreed customer Digital Transformation strategy maintaining rigorous sales process compliance, including a consistent schedule of meetings with your manager and account teams so that you can accurately forecast the MW business.
- Continuously nurturing and expanding your sales, industry, technology and competitive knowledge and capabilities
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the Microsoft Worldwide Industry Teams to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation offerings
- Strong education background, with 5-8 years of education related experience, with an extensive knowledge of the local education landscape
- Passionate attitude for technology as an enabler for a student’s growth and can clearly articulate and demonstrate the benefits of these technologies to customers and partners.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft productivity tools, cloud technologies and devices in a classroom environment
- Experienced in building relationships and partnerships that help educators integrate technology into the institution and classroom and how education institutions can digitally transform teaching and learning/student outcomes with Microsoft solutions
- Deep knowledge and interest in the political and academic landscape in their region, with specific understanding of educational issues and international development goals that will help them develop and strengthen ties with governments, partners and other influential institutions
- In-depth knowledge of major government and educational organizations, their priorities, and their political challenges
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- In light of the current health crisis related to COVID-19, as well as the escalating visa and travel restrictions in place, we are currently unable to extend offers to candidates who cannot work from Australia due to these restrictions. Because of this, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start on this location by set date as expected. We are currently keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed in the future.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.