|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Genuine Business Partnering role that makes an impact on the success of the business
- Fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively
- Based in our Bella Vista office with excellent facilities and employee benefits
It’s the beginning of a new era for the Woolworths’ Group Procurement team. We are an enterprise wide function and our job is to provide thought leadership, best practice advice and deliver a service that adds value to our business partners. The team is positioned to drive change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focused on providing excellent customer experiences for our stakeholders.
Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities.
Woolworths Limited is an iconic Australian company providing our customers with quality, range and value. As a leading ASX listed retailer, we have more than 450,000 shareholders and are proud to be one of Australia’s largest employers, employing over 200,000 people. Our retailing expertise stretches across food & grocery, liquor, petrol, general merchandise and hotels, servicing millions of customers each and every day.
About the role
This is a 6 month fixed-term contract. Reporting to Portfolio Manager - Corporate Services, you’ll be responsible for engaging internal customers and leading sourcing activities for the supply of a largely diverse non-trade goods and services enterprise-wide portfolio. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end procurement lifecycle including design & delivery of 1-3 year category plans to reduce total costs, ensure value for money and provide high levels of service and compliance with policies, standards and best practice. This may include direct quantifiable EBITDA, Working Capital and Cost Avoidance benefits through improved commercial terms and reduction of complexity in processes and systems involved in securing non trade related goods and services.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all category influencers and become the business- wide category subject matter expert.
- Anticipate opportunities, negotiate and execute commercial contracts.
- Understand priorities and manage Procurement activities.
- Identify procurement activity stakeholders and influence them as required to achieve desired outcomes, up to Senior Management / Divisional Head level.
- Build and maintain momentum and consistency with regards to key stakeholder engagement.
- Develop, implement and manage vendor performance metrics, documents and reporting as part of a Supplier Relationship Management plan.
You are an influential and high-pace Category Manager with a strong proactive relationship management approach. Using your strong EQ, commercial acumen and proactive approach, we are looking at you to deliver sustainable value for Woolworths.
The experience you bring means you can be creative, adapting your application of best practice procurement to influence stakeholders and supplier partners for optimal outcomes. Your confidence, enthusiasm and detailed approach will unlock value, reduce risk and drive continuous improvement for our stakeholders.
- Tertiary Qualification in Business or Procurement related discipline with membership of a
- Procurement affiliated body highly desirable
- Experience in a complex organisation
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders (C-Suite, Legal)
- Experience in indirect category management is essential.
- Ability to manage and contract category spend of >$100 million.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.