|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A great opportunity to work in a supportive and goal orientated team
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- 12-month fixed term opportunity
- The location for this role is temporarily considered “remote” due to the current requirements for Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Typically this role is based in Edinburgh Parks
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Administrator in our HFS project, based in Edinburgh Parks.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course, some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
BAE Systems Australia has been exporting its world leading High Frequency Systems (HFS) technology for the past ten years. We are currently providing a fourth generation multi-channel digital HF receiving system for the US Government.
As the Project Administrator in HFS, you will be responsible for supporting the team and the manager in day-to-day administration tasks.
You will ensure that all administration requirements within the project are efficiently achieved.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage and maintain Project intranet site including access control
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, file correspondence and maintain confidential records
- Produce organisation charts, PowerPoint presentations, and reports, as required
- Coordinate visitors, including facilitating orientation of customers
- Ensure that project materials are document controlled
- Coordinate meetings and appointments for managers, take minutes, record actions from meetings and maintain meeting agendas
- Advise Project Manager or support team on matters requiring their attention and implement actions as directed
- Assist in the management of expense claims and reconciliations to ensure they are actioned in a timely manner
- Ensure invoices are approved and passed to accounts in a timely manner, raise purchase requisitions and process project invoices in accordance with company procedures
- Coordinate all domestic and international travel arrangements and prepare travel itineraries for team
- Develop appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of work
- Communicate and support change implementation where required
- Assist with special administration projects and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Screen calls and provide appropriate responses in absence of the manager
- Train employees by means of personal instruction and demonstration where required on tools, systems etc.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Team orientated with the ability to work with a variety of people
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management and processing skills
- The ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Whilst not essential, a Certificate in Administration will be an advantage.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years, we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.