|Job Type:||Full Time|
Fixed Plant Operators – Yandicoogina (FIFO)
- Be part of a culturally diverse team
- Work within a highly skilled production team
- Working a FIFO roster (8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 nights off). FIFO from outside of Western Australia is not currently possible
About the role
We have ongoing opportunities for Fixed Plant Operators who are interested in joiningour Wet and Dry Plant (Production) teams at Yandicoogina. The purpose of these roles would be to operate the plant in a safe and efficient manner; performing daily inspections of equipment and maintaining plant conditions. These roles are a great opportunity for enthusiastic individuals who are looking for a new challenge.
Reporting to the Fixed Plant Production Supervisor, the role will require you to:
- Operating, carrying out routine inspections and maintaining the condition of the fixed plants such as crushers, stackers reclaimers, train loadout, screen mats etc.
- Demonstrating commitment to safety in a team environment
- Demonstrating ability to carry out basic fault find and plant resets
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to daily targets
- Conducting routine activities to ensure safe and reliable operation of our area assets
- Participating in manual handling associated with basic maintenance and inspection of plant
- Working hands on in a field role, monitoring of equipment, cleaning, hosing and identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Operate mobile plant equipment and trucks as required
- Working autonomously to monitor the process in a safe and effective manner
What you will need for this role
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- An Australian C-Class manual driver's licence (HR is desirable)
- Mobile Plant tickets (Bobcat, Loader, Excavator, Watercart, Tip truck) (highly desirable)
- A Work Safe Licence – Dogging and Rigging (highly desirable)
- Current exposure to a fixed plant environment as well as operating crushers and train load out
- Wet plant experience-filter belt operation, thickeners, waste fine cell management, exposure to cyclones or UCC’s (Up Current Classifiers), and warman pumps
- A high regard and commitment to the safety of yourself and others
Where you will be working
The Yandicoogina mine, often shortened to Yandi, is an iron ore mine located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, 95 kilometers north-west of Newman. In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise.
What’s on offer?
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly In and Fly Out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.