|Job Type:||Full Time|
Field Engineer Refrigeration/HVAC - VIC Woolworths
Skilled, professional Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Engineer required for refrigeration projects and asset engineering.
- National retailer covering required air-conditioning, heating ventilation and refrigeration services
- Flexible working options available
- Excellent opportunity to continue your career and work for one of the most recognisable brands in Australia
- Area role covering multiple Woolworths stores
The Woolworths Format Development Team are a national team of over 650 people, responsible for developing retail stores of the future. We’re construction people, facilities and asset management people. We’re planning & commercial people. We’re architects and sustainability people. We’re data analysts, refrigeration and air conditioning people. We are operations and training people. Together, we’re doing our part to bring fresh food and great experiences to our customers everyday.
We design through creating technology-led, retail store formats that are purpose built for our customers and teams. We innovate by focusing on sustainable energy management,
technology, and working with our suppliers, service providers and operations teams to move towards a healthier planet. We maintain all aspects of our supermarkets stores through having highly specialised, skilled team members across all trades. Every decision we make is designed with our customers and teams at the heart.
Sitting within our Format Development / Construction division and reporting to the VIC Field Engineering Manager, your primary responsibility is to ensure that Woolworths’ refrigeration assets are installed and commissioned within programmed staging and operate efficiently for the lowest energy and cost impact for the expected life of the plant.
About the role:
You will have the opportunity to join some of the most capable, hard-working and technically skilled people in the refrigeration and air-conditioning industry to achieve success and progress the business with energy and enthusiasm.
We are a team of top performers who are driven by not just meeting our own ambitious goals, but by exceeding them. We are proud to be working for an organisation that is committed to continuous improvement, a culture of accountability, a winner’s intensity and a strong service ethic.
We are continuing to grow the engineering and maintenance solutions to our selected customers across the industry as we understand that people are important to the success of our business.
As a Field Engineer, you will develop refrigeration engineering scope of work documents for all new store and store refurbishment projects as well as lead the management of in-store project support activities that deliver refrigeration works for new and store refurbishments. In addition, the Field Engineer will oversee the identification, initiation and delivery of the business units’ energy and greenhouse emissions minimisation strategies and further be involved in ensuring the successful implementation of approved projects to ensure the successful realisation of these strategies.
Furthermore, you will support the development of any tendering strategy for all refrigeration investment (design, installation, equipment procurement & maintenance) and
further ensure all compliance is maintained with relevant Woolworths’ specifications and Australian Standards.
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you have:
- Refrigeration trade certificate i.e. completion of apprenticeship as a Refrigeration Mechanic; High regard would also be given to Relevant tertiary qualification in an engineering or science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the refrigeration and HVAC installation, maintenance and engineering industry, ideally in Supermarket refrigeration.
- Supermarket Commissioning and/ or installation supervisory level experience preferred
- Relevant National trade qualification. Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or science discipline is desirable
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including consultation, negotiation and high level representational skills.
- Excellent understanding of engineering systems, including design, installation & maintenance.
- Excellent understanding of commercial refrigeration air conditioning.
- Understanding of and sensitive to an FMCG retail operation and the impact maintenance activities have on that environment.
- Understanding of compliance requirements with relevant codes, Australian Standards and other statutory provisions.
- Experience, ability and comfortable in dealing with senior management at all levels in a large organisation such as Woolworths.
- High-level user of Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Why you’ll love it here
A career with Woolworths will push you and challenge you, providing growth opportunities and the prospects to advance your career. You will have exposure to highly skilled people and access to a host of staff benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including base salary, tool of trade motor vehicle, super + incentive scheme.
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses and free parking
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Flexible work arrangements
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now!
We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI #work180, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au