|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to lead and drive the supply chain and project management standard for a world class program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Indirect Procurement and Subcontract Support Team Lead based in Osborne Naval Shipyard, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to Head of Supply Chain and Business Support you will be responsible for oversight and direction on the management of the supply chain cost account portfolio, ensuring appropriate project management standards, governance and controls are adhered to whilst supporting the supply chain team's performance in terms of managing and reporting of cost, quality and schedule.
More specifically, you will
- Interface with the project management office and key engineering stakeholders
- Lead integrated planning of the supply chain activities
- Lead a small ream of project management professionals to manage cost, schedule & quality performance and provide value-adding support to cost account managers
- Promote a culture of learning from experience
- Influence the maturation of project planning and controls
- Ensure that the supply chain team have appropriate discipline, governance, content and accuracy within the integrated baseline schedule, basis of estimates, master resource file and cost account plans
- Support strategic planning of cost account structure and manage supply chain input into program risk and into the program risk and opportunity management process
- Lead a culture of proactive planning, management of change and performance monitoring
- Ensure business integrity and alignment with head contract principals and lead the definition of appropriate supply chain key performance indicators
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects, preferably within the defence industry
- Degree qualification in project management, business or engineering
- An ability to engage effectively with broad range of stakeholders, balance conflicting priorities
- Experience working in the mobilisation phase of complex projects, contributing to maturation of governance, processes, tools and operating rhythms
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.