Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, services provided by NSM include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role:
The Technical Writer has a key role in developing work instructions in support of work packages including planned maintenance, corrective maintenance, urgent defects and certified items for ANZAC Class vessels. The Technical Writer ensures that all maintenance work instructions comply with the requirements of the Naval Technical Regulatory Framework (NTRF).
- Create Work Instructions utilising AMPS and the ANZAC SPO Portal databases IAW approved Work Instruction Development processes and policies
- Identify key Scope steps from either a Standard Activity (SA), TM200, Condition Assessment Report’s (CAR’s) or Hull Survey Reports (HSR’s) to construct a WI in accordance with NTRF as identified on the Main Work List (MWL)
- Identify relevant system drawings, manuals and associated documentation for inclusion into WI data packs and attachments
- Identify job task material requirements to conduct planned and corrective maintenance for inclusion in the Task Material List (TML)
- Identify and report potential improvements to SA documents and WI process/procedures
- Understand and adhere to the NTRF in accordance with ABR 6492
- Conduct tasking as lawfully directed by the Lead Technical Writer
- Diploma in Engineering or relevant Trade Certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Technical Writing skills within Defence or similar industry
- Intermediate level of MS Excel and Word applications
- AMPS level 35 or equivalent
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen