|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are proud to be supporting the Whangarei District Council with a range of projects to transform the central city roads by maintaining and extending shared pathways around the network. We require an experienced Foreperson to lead our Concreting crew and help deliver to these assignments.
About the role
You will be a specialist tradesperson who leads and motivates your crew to carry out concrete footpath construction and repairs within the maintenance department on a day to day basis. Duties within your team include excavation, installing formwork, placing and finishing concrete. Other general tasks include operating plant and machinery as required.
You will also be responsible for:
- Planning tasks with the operations supervisor, and following up to ensure they are completed efficiently and to the required specification and standard
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Collating and forwarding to the Operations Supervisor all daily records and other required reports and documentation
- Providing and organizing on-the-job development/training for the team and supporting general career development
- Monitoring work sites to ensure compliance with local By-Laws, Government Statutes and Regulations, and with WORKS policy in relation to SQE assurance.
You will hold plenty of experience within the civil contracting industry along with experience in concrete and form work. You will also have:
- A Full Class 2 licence with WTR
- A great work ethic – you’ll be part of a busy crew and team and some long hours are required (but you’ll be rewarded accordingly)
- Experience managing and leading a team on construction worksites
- Strong focus on Safety and Quality
- Problem solving, managing unexpected events and decision making
- Flexibility – some out of town travel will be required on occasion
What's on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- Guaranteed Full Time hours – minimum 40 per week
- A competitive salary along with Tools of trade including mobile, uniform and PPE
- The opportunity to join a high performing team that get stuff done!
- Tools of trade including your uniform and safety gear
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply
This is a great role for some who is an experienced Driver Operator or Leading hand and is looking to take that next step. If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 571378.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.