|Location:||Eight Mile Plains|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Store Planner - Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane based
- Work for one of Australia’s largest retailers
- Career progression and growth
- Attractive remuneration package
- 12 Month Contract
About Woolworths Format and Network Development
The Woolworths Format and Network Development Team are a diverse national team of 650+, responsible for developing retail experiences of the future. We’re architects and sustainability people. We’re planning & commercial people. We’re construction people, facilities and asset management people. We’re data analysts, refrigeration and air conditioning people. We are operations and training people. Together, we’re doing our part to bring fresh food and great experiences to our customers everyday.
We implement designs through creating experience-centric technology-led, retail store formats that are purpose built for our customers and teams. We innovate by focusing on Continuous Improvement, sustainable energy management, technology, and working with our suppliers, service providers and operations teams to move towards a healthier planet. We maintain all aspects of our supermarkets stores through having highly specialised, skilled team members across all trades. Every decision we make is designed with our customers and teams at the heart.
About the role
As a Store Planner, you will be accountable for the end to end development of conceptual designs to construction drawings for store flow and layout in refurbishment and new stores, to ensure the right offer is planned to maximise customer experience whilst meeting commercial and business expectations. You will work cross-functionally and collaboratively to identify the right offer targeted to site specifics, supporting capital approval process and support the end-to-end delivery of projects.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver planning and documentation outcomes for all new, replacement, acquisition, extension, Renewal projects as well as all business initiatives and planning requirements for any store within your State
- Detailed new, replacement, acquisition, Renewals and extension store plans post approval in conjunction with business categories, ensuring financial viability & construction costs are aligned to launch
- Develop Renewal documentation from project commencement to launch to meet objectives, budget direction, site-specific needs and direct planning team to achieve end store plan goal
- Strategic layout planning ensuring the best scheme is developed for all project types with both a commercial and customer lens
- Manage external consultants required to deliver planning, documentation and store design for these works within budget
- Post-implementation reviews completed with learnings incorporated into all future schemes
- Support annual Renewal Program and ensure it is approved to achieve all timelines
- Develop best value and scope with a commercial view on Capital and operating costs
- Be the go-to person representing store planning to support project teams
- Flexibly support multiple teams in accordance with business needs
- Provide architectural and technical advice relating to concept, project plans, building and Woolworths standards
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum of 6-12 months experience in a drafting office is preferred
- Technical architectural drafting or related knowledge is essential with a preference for tertiary qualifications in Architecture or similar discipline
- Software capabilities using Autodesk Revit
- Retail planning experience with design, commercial or financial understanding desirable
- Financial understanding in improving return on equity through successful planning and implementation with CAPEX and OPEX
- Ability to work with and influence design, construction and other internal teams as well as external suppliers to achieve quality outcomes
- Understanding of construction methodology and BCA will be highly regarded
- Proven ability to work at pace in a changing environment
- Ability and willingness to undertake interstate travel on an ad-hoc basis
Why you’ll love it here
- Flexibility isn't just about working from home. It's about opening the conversation and changing the focus to what & how we deliver, rather than where we deliver it. Chat to us about your flexibility needs.
- A culture that embraces new talent and a truly a great place to work
- Team member discounts across Woolworths brands
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
See how our team are creating better experiences together and connect with us through LinkedIn #LI #work180, Facebook or www.wowcareers.com.au
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.