|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to turn Data into Doing with the first Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
As a Manager of Sales Engineering for Splunk’s Observability Business Unit, you will hire, motivate, and retain a team of world-class pre-sales engineers, who will in turn provide technical and thought leadership of Splunk’s Observability focused solutions to the sales organization and to Splunk’s prospects and customers. Both you and your team will work directly with customers while acting as the subject matter expert across Splunk’s AppDev solutions including the SignalFx, VictorOps, Omnition and core Splunk technology products. You will be responsible for ensuring that all team members are consistently delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize Splunk’s unique value proposition. During the sales cycle, you and your team will guide prospects through trials and proof of concepts, demonstrating Splunk’s ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and building a positive relationship that will go beyond the initial transaction and make value contributions to our customers for years to come. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
- Proactively build and lead a team of high-performing Sales Engineers, helping to ensure sales and customer success
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring Sales Engineers in your assigned region.
- Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure effective ramping of skills and capabilities.
- Engage directly with Pre-Sales and Sales Leadership to strategize on their opportunities and engage on pre-sales activities for Splunk’s solutions
- Provide Sales Engineers with continual development feedback and annually collaborate with each individual on a career development plan
- Actively drive and handle the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our service
- Answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk’s AppDev products, features, and solutions, as well as articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer happiness through all stages of the sales process
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales-cycle with our customer's technical and executive staff
- Demonstrate Splunk’s value to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows. Ensure that all team members can do the same
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently (across region)
- Accountable for individual and team expense budget management
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in a sales engineer or similar pre-sales role (at a cloud platform/monitoring software company is preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in a remote people management role and skilled in developing and nurturing interpersonal relationships
- Experience with commercially available and open source monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, Graphite, Prometheus, etc.) is preferred
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Startup experience and some vertical experience
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding
- Travel up to 30% of the time
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.