|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your project and facilities management experience, in this pivotal 12mth fixed-term role
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Workplace Services Manager, in our team at Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
You will be responsible for supporting the the Regional Workplace Services Manager, to deliver services and projects that maintain the viability of the Built Environment, to support business strategies.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Plan and deliver Built Environment Minor Works and capital investment projects in accordance with the approved governance frameworks, where project complexity does not exceed (PCAT 3) Category C and has an estimated value <$750k
- Reduce risk to the business through identification, assessment and analysis of facilities risks to projects, personnel and property
- Coordinate the definition of project requirements with stakeholders, including liaison with all functions relevant to the delivery of assigned project elements and subprojects, to help build an integrated project team and to facilitate the achievement of project objectives
- Develop and cultivate relationships with facilities suppliers and subcontractors, to ensure all contracts are delivered on time and to budget
- Provide specialist facilities advice to project teams, by providing planned and ad-hoc consultancy support
- Manage space assignment and moves
- Manage the movement of people, when required, around sites and buildings
- Support Workplace Solutions business partnering as the day to day interface to business stakeholders, ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A tertiary qualification in Project Management, along with demonstrated experience in the Facilities and/or Asset Management and/or Project Management field, with proven ability to understand aspects of FM services across a property, with the ability to advise stakeholders with authority, is essential
- Eligibility to gain a Baseline defence security clearance, as a minimum, is essential
- Sound project management skills to systematically deliver outcomes
- The ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders, and build enabling relationships
- The ability to effectively manage a variety of subcontractors
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver business needs
- The ability to influence change to introduce new concepts and ideas
- The ability to communicate both verbal and written at all levels
- The ability to self-motivate and operate autonomously
- The ability to operate effectively across geographic boundaries
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.