|Job Type:||Full Time|
An exciting career opportunity is now available for an experienced Government Relations professional.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Corporate Affairs, you will be responsible for driving SUEZ’s positive reputation across Community, Government & Media Engagement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Anticipate, identify and manage potential reputational issues. Prepare communications plans to minimise impact on SUEZ’s reputation.
- Identify and develop thought leadership and Public Relations opportunities to support SUEZ’s brand positioning.
- Support SUEZ’s engagement with government and industry stakeholders to advocate for favourable business outcomes.
- Provide ongoing advice to a range of internal stakeholders on government and policy changes
- Maintain positive and engaging relationships with government, media and industry associations
- Maintain a solid policy framework by leading policy development and preparing government submissions
- Maintain a government grant framework to support submissions and grant funding for circular economy development projects
- Manage reactive media enquiries on a day to day basis
Tertiary qualifications in Public Relations, Media, Communications or Political Science are required together with relevant government relations/media experience and a comprehensive understanding of the Australian political system. You have experience in Project Management coupled with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You can adapt to a fast-paced environment and work with stakeholders at all levels.
Above all, your core values align with ours – a passion for the environment, respect, true team spirit and a customer first approach.
What’s on Offer
This rewarding opportunity will work with a wide range of stakeholders across the SUEZ ANZ business including interactions with our CEO. We offer flexible working conditions, a range of employee benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a collaborative, fun and highly motivated Marketing & Corporate Affairs team where you will work on a range of exciting and challenging business projects.