|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent opportunity to learn and provide administrative support to procurement and supply chain areas
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Procurement Officer in our team based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible to provide support to procurement and supply chain business area.
More specifically, you will
- Responsible for the coordination and reporting of key functional metrics to maintain current business expectations
- Support the procurement elements of bids, tenders and supplier evaluation process ensuring the compliance and commercial terms
- Support the supplier evaluation process and sourcing recommendations on behalf of the business/project
- Place and manage purchase orders (end to end), and support the adherence to contractual obligations in line with company policy
- Provide support to manage the supplier performance and maintain effective working relationship with suppliers to ensure comprehensive and coordinated approach
- Provide support to the management of cross business commodities and subcontract management
- Support the generation and management of lifecycle management procurement plans and subcontract management plans
- Follow the procurement policies and procedures ensuring compliance with relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standards
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification preferably in procurement or related discipline or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and or supply chain or relevant work experience
- Good commercial acumen with an ability to use good written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
- Good self-management skill with an ability to work autonomously or in a team to meet the deliverables
- Proficient user of Ms office package including word, excel and power point
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance subject.asp
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit:www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.