|Job Type:||Full Time|
$106,988 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a bold place to be extraordinary.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community by being bold, innovative and sustainable. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Team Leader Urban Design and Design Review, your role as Senior Urban Designer will be to provide strategic, creative and spatial design thinking and expertise to areas of significant change in the city. You will be involved in contributing to strategies, masterplans, structure plans, planning policy and projects that shape the city.
As a senior member of the team and branch, you will have a key role in ensuring the work of the branch delivers high quality places and outcomes for people. You will lead projects and act as a mentor, coach and an advisor to other team members.
Furthermore you will collaborate across the organisation to propose evidence-based, design-led scenarios, propositions and compelling narratives to enable others to imagine and realise the city, precincts, neighbourhoods and places into the future.
Key to the success of this role will not only be your urban design expertise and demonstrated experience, but also your skilled communication, stakeholder engagement, problem solving, and project management skills. You will be confident in making logical, informed and supportable urban design decisions and exercise discretion in the delivery of projects. This role requires you to have relevant tertiary qualification(s) in Urban Design or related professional discipline - landscape architecture and/or architecture.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Experience in providing clear and effective design critique and commentary on major projects and development proposals, including negotiating high quality design outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, imaginative and deliverable urban design projects that respond to community needs, urban trends, spatial context and history of place and meet or exceed client expectations.
- High level of communication skills including graphic competency, well developed verbal and written skills and experience presenting to a diverse audience including senior management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and advise other team members.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than three pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Margie McKay, Team Leader Urban Design and Design Review
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 9 August 2020.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where all people can belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from people of all walks of life.